Seneca Volunteer Fire Department (SVFD) has been servicing the residents of Cranberry Township, Venango County and providing nearby mutual aid since 1949 with an entirely 100% volunteer team.
After starting with a used pumper and a Ford with a tank mounted onto it, Seneca Volunteer Fire Department now has the following equipment to serve their community:
- 24-10—1972 Dodge Power Wagon brush truck; 250 gpm , 300-gallon tank
- 24-16—1992 Ford tanker; 1,000 gpm, 2,500-gallon tank
- 24-17 — 1997 Spartan pumper; 1,500 gpm, 750-gallon tank
- 24-18 — 2003 International heavy rescue
- 24-19 — 2005 Ford F250 QRS/RIT truck
- 24-20 — 2009 HME pumper/tanker; 1,500 gpm, 2,500-gallon tank
- 2002 Cascade trailer
- 1994 Roughneck 16-foot rescue boat
We hold training sessions/work nights every Monday evening.
We hold fundraising dinners and other various community events found on the calendar page.
We also haul pool water to the residents of Cranberry Township. The 2017 price is $100 for a 2500 gallon load.
We also rent out our social hall and its information will be added to the Hall Rental Information Page.
Follow us on Facebook.